CAREERS & Opportunities in aquaculture
Looking for work in the aquaculture industry
Check out this link for current aquaculture job opportunities:
Chief Financial Officer
A North Coast First Nation owned and operated shellfish aquaculture company is seeking a dynamic individual to oversee all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding related to operating a profitable shellfish farm.
- Strong financial business background with relevant experience in aquaculture management.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering & cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Monitor banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Assist in the implementation and calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and staff salaries.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
If you are an interested individual with relevant and demonstrated experience and a willingness to relocate in Prince Rupert BC, please contact Daniel Rabu at the AAA for further details at (250) 297-6406 or (250) 286-9939 or email at email@example.com
Haida Gwaii Scallop Aquaculture Lease
A unique opportunity to enter into a lease agreement for a licensed shellfish tenure located in Haida Gwaii. The Skidegate Band owned Gwaalagaa Naay Corporation is seeking Expressions of Interest in forming a business partnership to cultivate/harvest and market shellfish under a 48 hectare scallop farm lease located in the very productive waters of Kagan Bay in Skidegate Inlet to qualified individuals or organizations. Have a look at the specifics here. Email Lin Armstrong, CEO - Gwaalagaa Naay Corp, for further information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information packages are available at GNC #3 Raven Center, 888 Highway 16 Skidegate, Haida Gwaii, BC, V0T 1S0 and will be mailed on request. All applicants must review information package. Deadline for submissions is October 16th, 2017.
The AAA is Hiring
The AAA is hiring an Aquaculture Technical Business Expert. Apply by Jan 6, 2017. See job posting for further details.