CAREERS & Opportunities in aquaculture
Looking for work in the aquaculture industry
Check out this link for current aquaculture job opportunities:
Chief Financial Officer
A North Coast First Nation owned and operated shellfish aquaculture company is seeking a dynamic individual to oversee all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding related to operating a profitable shellfish farm.
- Strong financial business background with relevant experience in aquaculture management.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering & cultivating stakeholder relationships.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Monitor banking activities and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Assist in the implementation and calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and staff salaries.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
If you are an interested individual with relevant and demonstrated experience and a willingness to relocate in Prince Rupert BC, please contact Daniel Rabu at the AAA for further details at (250) 297-6406 or (250) 286-9939 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Haida Gwaii Scallop Aquaculture Lease
A unique opportunity to enter into a lease agreement for a licensed shellfish tenure located in Haida Gwaii. The Skidegate Band owned Gwaalagaa Naay Corporation is seeking Expressions of Interest in forming a business partnership to cultivate/harvest and market shellfish under a 48 hectare scallop farm lease located in the very productive waters of Kagan Bay in Skidegate Inlet to qualified individuals or organizations. Have a look at the specifics here. Email Lin Armstrong, CEO - Gwaalagaa Naay Corp, for further information at: email@example.com
Information packages are available at GNC #3 Raven Center, 888 Highway 16 Skidegate, Haida Gwaii, BC, V0T 1S0 and will be mailed on request. All applicants must review information package. Deadline for submissions is October 16th, 2017.